Every year, thousands of people are injured in serious car accidents on Virginia highways and roads. All too often, these accidents are caused by the careless, reckless, or negligent actions of other motorists. In the blink of an eye, your whole life can change—through no fault of your own.
If you were injured or your loved one was killed in a car accident and you believe someone else was at fault, we can help. At Breit Cantor Grana Buckner, we handle serious car accident injury cases for clients in Virginia Beach and throughout the state. Our award-winning attorneys have a proven track record of results, having successfully secured hundreds of millions for our clients since 1979. We are prepared to fight for the justice and fair recovery you are owed.
Steps to Take When Pursuing a Motor Vehicle Accident Claim
When it comes to pursuing monetary compensation for a motor vehicle accident, especially if caused by a negligent driver, it is crucial that you first prioritize your health and well being. Once you visit a doctor and take all other necessary steps for your medical needs, we can take a look at your records. This will include obtaining all of the details of your health visits, the accident itself, and insurance. With this information, we can start building a case on your behalf that will put you in the best possible position to obtain just compensation.
How We Handle Your Car Accident Case Differently
At Breit Cantor Grana Buckner, we handle cases differently than other car accident firms in Virginia Beach. From the start of your case until the finish, we will be fighting for your future and help the process to be as seamless as possible.
From the moment you contact our firm, you can tell the difference between our firm and others in Virginia Beach. During the intake process, you will be dealing directly with the attorneys at our firm. Our hands-on approach begins with your story. During our first meeting, we will have you provide a detailed overview of what happened and ensure that no element of the case is overlooked.
Our primary goal is to maximize the value of your case, regardless of how long it takes. We will take the most effective approach, but that does not always mean it will be the quickest approach. We also utilize all forms of technology to develop a strong strategy for your case.
Your health is our top priority when handling your case. What this means is that we will recommend the best doctor for the specific injuries you have suffered and ensure that nothing gets in the way of your healing process.
Another focus we have when handling a case is acting quickly and taking immediate action. This means we:
- Talk to the police officer who investigated your car crash
- Go to the scene of the accident and take photos
- Make a FOIA request to get information about the accident
Be assured that we act aggressively to investigate the case. We even research the venue where the trial will be held as well as those who we will be going to trial against.
Our team approaches each case with a level of care we assure you will not find at another law firm. That is because you are putting your trust and your future in our hands. Therefore, our personal goal is to know that we have achieved justice on your behalf.
Contact our Virginia Beach car accident attorneys today for a free consultation; call (888) 635-9500.
Building Your Car Accident Case
When handling your car accident claim, our attorneys employ a “no stone left unturned” approach:
- Investigation: We conduct thorough, in-depth investigations into the cause of the accident. Our team often works with various experts, including accident reconstructionists, in order to uncover exactly how the collision occurred and who is liable. Our attorneys look at various factors, such as whether another driver was acting carelessly or if defective auto tires led to the accident that caused your injuries.
- Preparation: While not every case will go to trial, our attorneys prepare every case as if it is headed to court. Our exhaustive pre-trial work allows us to be fully prepared for any issues that may arise. In many cases, this thorough case preparation helps us secure groundbreaking settlements and/or verdicts on behalf of our clients.
- Trial Advocacy: If the liable insurance company or party is not willing to offer a fair settlement, we are not afraid to take your car accident case to court. Our attorneys are skilled litigators who have taken on very tough, complex cases—and won. We have earned a reputation as aggressive trial lawyers who will not back down and have a long tradition of success in court.
Our Virginia Beach car accident attorneys have been recognized as among the most experienced trial lawyers in Virginia and throughout the United States. Breit Cantor has secured some of the largest settlements and jury verdicts in Virginia history, including more than 150 individual settlements and verdicts in excess of $1 million each. If you were injured in a car collision, we are prepared to fight for you.
Proving Fault in a Car Accident Claim
Virginia’s car insurance law utilizes a “no-fault” principle where injured individuals are permitted to pursue damages even if he or she was mildly responsible for the crash. A driver can pay extra premiums to add on this personal injury protection (PIP) limit to their policy.
Because it is not a true no-fault state, drivers are still able to sue for injuries and other damages, such as pain and suffering. You will just need to prove that the other party was at fault for the crash. Proving negligence means that you will need to establish the following:
- The defendant had a duty of care to the plaintiff prior to the injury
- The defendant’s actions violated this duty of care
- This violation was the direct result of the plaintiff’s injury or injuries
Contact Our Award-Winning Personal Injury Team
Due to their commitment to ethics and client service, many of our attorneys have earned AV Preeminent® Ratings from Martindale-Hubbell®, a distinguished peer-review legal organization. Additionally, our attorneys have been included in the Best Lawyers in America® and Virginia Super Lawyers® for multiple years in a row.
5 / 5 stars
That being said, our greatest honor is serving our clients. We understand what you have been through, as well as the long road to recovery that lies ahead. Our goal is to ease your stress and allow you the space you need to heal. We do this by handling every aspect of your personal injury case and fighting for the maximum compensation you are owed. We offer all our services on a contingency fee basis, meaning there is absolutely no upfront cost for you and you only owe attorneys’ fees if and when we secure compensation on your behalf.
Call our office today at (888) 635-9500 or contact us online to request a complimentary case evaluation.