Attorney Joseph Cantor joined Breit Cantor Grana Buckner in 2017 as a full-time associate, immediately following his graduation from the University of Richmond School of Law, where he graduated cum laude. He joined our team immediately after his admission to the Virginia State Bar in November 2017.
Joseph worked as a summer clerk with the catastrophic injury team at our firm, previously known as Cantor Stoneburner Ford Grana and Buckner, from 2011-2016. Additionally, Joseph has worked with Jury Impressions, a Richmond, Virginia-based jury consulting group since 2011. Throughout the last several years, Joseph has worked on over 70 focus groups with some of the best trial lawyers throughout Virginia on all types of personal injury cases, including but not limited to brain jury, tractor-trailer, wrongful death, spinal cord, defective products, premises liability, and medical malpractice.
Over the last few years, Joseph has worked as co-counsel on several cases including two that resulted in $4 million dollar settlements. Joseph was also recognized by Virginia Super Lawyers® as a Rising Star for 2019.
Joseph is a member of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (VTLA), the American Association for Justice (AAJ), the Virginia Bar Association, the Richmond Bar Association, and the Lewis F. Powell, Jr. American Inn of Court. He is also a volunteer for the Brain Injury Association of Virginia.
A competitive golfer in high school and college, Joseph currently competes in amateur golf events throughout Virginia.
- J.D., University of Richmond School of Law, cum laude, 2017
- B.S., Rollins College, 2013
- Collegiate School, 2009
- Virginia, 2017
- Virginia Supreme Court
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
Honors & Awards
- Listed, Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars in Virginia 2019
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Virginia Bar Association
- Richmond Bar Association
- Lewis F. Powell, Jr., American Inn of Court
- National Trial Advocacy College at University of Virginia Law School – 2020
- Brain Injury Association of Virginia, Volunteer